Magic Mushroom Forum Growing Shrooms  
Go Back   Magic Mushroom Forum Growing Shrooms > Mushrooms Ect... > Mushroom Hunting

Old 07-19-2008, 05:38 PM

Default Minnesota Magic Mushrooms

does anybody know the likelyhood of finding some Psilocybin mushrooms up in northern minnesota?

Last edited by booom-eat-shrooom : 07-19-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:39 PM

Wink Considering how meny...

Considering how many different varieties of psilocybe their are in the wild your chances are pretty high;

Conocybe cyanopus • Conocybe smithii • Gymnopilus aeruginosus • Gymnopilus liquiritiae • Gymnopilus luteofolius • Gymnopilus purpuratus • Gymnopilus sapineus • Gymnopilus spectabilis • Inocybe aeruginascens • Inocybe corydalina var. corydalina • Inocybe tricolor • Mycena cyanorrhiza • Panaeolina castaneifolia • Panaeolus africanus • Panaeolus bisporus • Panaeolus cambodginiensis • Panaeolus cyanescens • Panaeolus fimicola • Panaeolus olivaceus • Panaeolus papilionaceus var. papilionaceus • Panaeolus sphinctrinus • Panaeolus subbalteatus • Panaeolus tropicalis • Pluteus salicinus • Psilocybe • Psilocybe atlantis • Psilocybe aucklandii • Psilocybe australiana • Psilocybe azurescens • Psilocybe baeocystis • Psilocybe bohemica • Psilocybe caerulipes • Psilocybe cubensis • Psilocybe cyanescens • Psilocybe fimetaria • Psilocybe galindoi • Psilocybe graveolens • Psilocybe guilartensis • Psilocybe mexicana • Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata • Psilocybe quebecensis • Psilocybe semiinconspicua • Psilocybe semilanceata • Psilocybe strictipes • Psilocybe subaeruginascens • Psilocybe subaeruginosa • Psilocybe tampanensis • Psilocybe villarrealiae• Psilocybe weilii• Psilocybe zapotecorum.

Concentrate on area's with grazing land and cattle.. People say finding them growing on cow shit is a myth, but it's not as much of a urban myth as they would think, I found a whole heap of cubensis growing right out of some cow shit last year and they where HUGE! Obviously well nourished on cow poo.Their where miles of fields and miles of shrooms...

Although not all of them where the magical variety they where growing in close proximity to some Amanita virosa... Nice and Deadly!

Bear that in mind before you go putting anything anywhere near your mouth (specially if its growing out of cow shit!), if your not 100% sure what it is, then leave well alone. Last thing you want is your liver and kidneys dissolving just because you where looking for a good time.

I'm going back that way this year not in the US though but I'll get some photo's and upload em with measurements, going to erm, pick some for further enhanced analysis and some microscopy, who am I kidding I'm going to get high LOL Dry em, powder em and store em and another method I've heard about is putting them into honey! As honey is a natural antiseptic it helps ward off moldy woes later on if your thinking of long term storage!

It's just a little awkward explaining that one to a guest who helps themselves to your honey jar "NOoooo!, that's not normal honey!!"

Also check the laws in your state, pick and cultivating could land you with a fine if caught and putting them in your mouth can be more trouble than its worth! Especially if you make a mistake and spend the next 24 hours having your guts pumped out with salty water... Downer!

Last edited by epidemic : 08-30-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:15 PM

Question Hunting Guide

Is there a guide that I can purchase/download that will help me in hunting?
Do not want to a chance on ordering spores, don't want to get busted. Nor do I want to eat the wrong one! THANX!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:04 PM

www.erowid.org has a wealth of info on all things psychoactive
Old 10-27-2008, 01:47 PM

lol, what do you mean? I only just joined
Old 11-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Administrator

no,arent you wobbs at st
Old 11-08-2008, 02:48 AM

Nope.. must be mix up. Im Wobs from uk lol
Old 01-29-2009, 02:19 PM

the audobon society has a good feild guide, but "mushrooms demystified" by David Aurora is a great dichotomous key, and it reads like a book, not a key.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:35 PM

Well, what is the secret of the many changing mask as used by the Chinese or Taiwanese during their magic trick? I mean, Iíve seen them change the mask many times in super speed without even having to cover their mask. I want to know how they do it. What is the actual secret in this? Can you answer me? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Administrator

wtf are you talking about